Saturday, October 7, 2017

Reading Page

Have you checked out the Reading page here on our classroom blog lately? As we learn new strategies in class to help students become better readers they are added to our in-class CAFE board, and that board is available for your viewing on the Reading page of the blog.

CAFE is an acronym that describes the 4 major areas of reading instruction:
C - Comprehension - I understand what I read.
A - Accuracy - I read the words that are on the page.
F - Fluency - I read accurately & with expression.
E - Expand Vocabulary - I know, find, and use new/interesting words.

The strategies are listed under each heading so you know what the purpose of the strategy is. When you scroll down below the CAFE chart, there's a mini Q&A section that explains how you can use this chart at home to help your child become a better reader.

Happy Reading! Visit the Reading page now!